On August 8 – 14, 2021, the Poland Heritage Box Team will be participating in it’s second World Junior Lacrosse Championship in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Games will be hosted at Bell MTS Place, home of the National Hockey League (NHL) Winnipeg Jets and the American Hockey League (AHL) Manitoba Moose.
In 2019, the Poland Heritage Box Team finished second in their group, and took sixth place overall. Roster, stats and scores can be viewed here.
Playing for the Poland Heritage Box Team in the World Junior Championship is a highly coveted experience, in which roster spots are limited. We will be limiting the roster to 23 players (2 Goalies and 21 Runners). We will not be holding a tryout, and therefore, we are asking interested players to please submit their information. Players will be contacted by the coaching staff if they believe there is a strong fit for this group.
As a “participating nation” any player must meet the below:
- AGE – All players must be born on or between January 1, 2001 and December 31, 2005 to participate at the 2021 IIJL World Junior Lacrosse Championship.
- PARENTS – A birth parent, adoptive parents/guardian, or step-parent born in Poland
- GRANDPARENTS – A birth or adoptive grandparent(s) born in Poland; step-grandparent(s) are not acceptable
- GREAT GRANDPARENTS – A birth or adoptive great grandparent(s) born in Poland; step-great grandparent(s) are not acceptable
- MARRIAGE – Partner/spouse being a passport holder the country, with the qualification that the partner/spouse, and husband, must be resident in the country being represented
Further details regarding eligibility can be viewed here.